
“I believe that all writing is collaborative. No matter what you’re doing, even if you’re sitting by yourself at your computer you’re collaborating with somebody, something you’ve read, or some voices you’ve got in your head, or your friends, or something, there’s some kind of collaboration going on.”
Andrea Lunsford, in "How I Write" Interview
I wanted to share the following link to Andrea Lunsford's course titled "Gender and the History of Rhetoric" at Stanford. You can download the syllabus and check out some very interesting reading assignments. For example, students are asked to read combinations such as Frederick Douglass' "Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass and My Bondage and My Freedom" with Nietzsche's "On Truth and Lies in a Nonmoral Sense”.


Interesting, verdad? My most radical move was writing a short paper comparing Nietzsche's "On Truth" and Sarah Grimke's "Letters on the Equality of the Sexes and the Condition of Woman". That was beyond radical!


No comments:
Post a Comment