
Since the month of April is fast approaching, I wanted to make an early announcement about the first international conference on the work and life of Chicana rhetor, theorist, and escritora Gloria E. Anzaldua. The conference will be hosted at the University of Texas at San Antonio on May 14-17, 2009 by the Society for the Study of Gloria E. Anzaldua. The profile for SSGA can be found both on Facebook and MySpace. This will surely be an important event!
Also, I wanted to feature the homepage of John Sutton, a researcher on memory who has compiled a good set of links for any researcher on memoria. Sutton is a professor at Macquarie University in Sydney and author of Philosophy and Memory Traces: Descartes to Connectionsim--which is also featured on his homepage. His webpage also features some other good links about the interdisciplinary study on memory, which I think are worthy of attention.
Next week, I will be presenting a part of the second chapter of my dissertation at the RSA Symposium at UTEP. In particular, I will talk about the trajectory of memoria throughout the history of Western rhetoric and also include a discussion about the use of memory among ethnic rhetors such as Frederick Douglass and Gloria E. Anzaldua. If I feel comfortable, I may post some pictures of the event here. I will definitely include a summary of the event, so stay tuned.



No comments:
Post a Comment