Sunday, April 8, 2007

Summer Readings on Memory

On May 1, I will post all of the readings I completed this semester in order to prepare my dissertation proposal.

The following is the next set of readings that I have planned for Summer 2007:



“Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl” Harriet Jacobs





“Crusade for Justice: The Autobiography of Ida B. Wells” Ida B. Wells and Alfreda M. Duster




“Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave: Written by Himself” Frederick Douglass




“The Souls of Black Folk” W.E.B. Dubois (re-read)




“Understanding African American Rhetoric: Classical Origins to Contemporary Innovations” R. L. Jackson II & Elaine B. Richardson, eds.



“Hunger of Memory: The Education of Richard Rodriguez” Richard Rodriguez (re-read)



“The Greek Sophists” (Penguin Classics)



“Memory, History, Forgetting” Paul Ricoeur



“History and Memory” Jacques Le Goff

As you can see, I have not picked a large amount of readings. I have tried to keep the reading load low since Comp Exams are coming up in Fall 2007!

Eeeeeek!!!!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Trailblazers



create your own slideshow